Monday, October 15, 2007

What I Learned

I cleaned the negatives from my camera by dipping them in the cleaner, then gently rubbing them with a lint-free towel.
I loaded them into the enlarger by sliding them under the little metal dots, and pressed the lever down.
I focused the image by altering the knobs on each side of the enlarger. I fine-focused it by holding that little lens mirror up to it and focusing until the blurs turned into crystals.
I set the aperture to a low amount of light by turning the dial on the lens.
I made a test strip by ripping a piece of photo paper and exposing it for different amounts of time, 4s, 5s, 6s, or 7s. I decided the 6 seconds exposure looked the best, so that's what I set the timer for.
I made the final print by setting the photo paper under the enlarger and exposing it for those 6 seconds. Then I put it into the developer, stopper, fixer, and water, then set it on the rack to dry.

No comments: